The art of conversation
Two young women walk by, speaking inaudibly about their weekend, then:Woman 1: "We don't need the extra calories."
Woman 2: "And we need all the brain cells we can get."
Woman 1: "So it's agreed, then? We only drink on the weekends. No more Thursdays."
Woman 2: "Or Wednesdays, or Tuesdays or... [fades to inaudibility as they walk away]"
During the course of a lecture on hallucinogenic drugs:
Professor: "I'm not telling you to go out and drink urine, but some hallucinogenic compounds aren't fully metabolized before being excreted. And ingesting some of those mushrooms can make you really sick. Ingesting the urine of someone who ate the mushrooms won't. In fact, you can pass it through seven people before losing all hallucinogenic properties..."
Childless Bachelor and Young Woman chat idly before class about the immaturity and irresponsibility of some children, then:
CB: "What are children really good for anyway?"
YW: "Soylent Green?"
CB: "Good answer!!!"
(Okay, I admit it. This one was me talking to Dr. Way-Too-Generous. I never could resist a cannibalism joke.)



0 comment(s):
Post a comment
<< Home