Sorry about the recent (and future) lack of posting, but I've been a bit busy lately. Dr. Candid Advice is keeping me hopping between her class and her lab, and I'm starting a bit of work on a project for Dr. Way-Too-Generous's lab also. I'm working on what are hopefully the final revisions of the paper I was working on for Dr. WTG this summer and I really need to finish them quickly so the publication will have a chance of coming out somewhere, anywhere, before I apply to grad school next year. I need to get more work in on the presentation for my poli sci class (all I've done is look at the literature). Add in studying, officer positions in two student groups and participation in four others, and give me some time to sleep and eat, and blogging anything of substance is pretty much out the window.
Edited to add: I just got this irresistibly-blogworthy email from Dr. WTG. Our intro statistics class doesn't cover ANOVA, and it's the test we have to use for the data we have for the paper. I tried to figure it out and I think I did it correctly but, since he used to teach statistics, I asked him if he would please help me by checking it. He replied: "ANOVA SHNANOVA… I don’t remember jack shit about ANOVA… I can’t help there!" Just had to share (and hope he doesn't think to Google the phrase!).



2 comment(s):
Hilarious! I can't believe your prof said that about ANOVA. Just about made my day. If you have any questions about ANOVA, let me know. I had to figure out a 3-way ANCOVA last semester.
By
kiki, at
September 20, 2006 1:38 AM
Hi! Welcome! A reader I don't know in real life, what a novel occurrence!
Sorry, but I haven't been here in a while, so I missed your comment. Thanks for the offer! Another student here offered to help, though, so it's already done.
By
Psychobunny, at
September 28, 2006 4:02 PM
Post a comment
<< Home