Pseudonymous Ramblings by Psychobunny

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bloggy friends, I am FLYING right now!

Okay, not literally. But figuratively, yes, very much so. I have a huge exam to study for and five papers to write on top of my usual stuff. So something had to give, and that something had to be sleep. Ordinarily, my 24-hour caffeine limit is a single Mountain Dew and maybe a bit of chocolate. Any more than that, and I morph into a bit of an insomniac.

In the last 13 hours, however, I've had not only my one Mountain Dew but also five cups of coffee-tea. I'm more awake that I have ever been In My Entire Life. I'm typing at nearly twice my usual speed. My writing is both better and faster (well, not on the blog, but I'm sure you understand what I mean). My average number of typos is way down. My productivity is amazing. Coffee-tea is amazing. And I don't even really like coffee, but, oh my goodness gracious, does it ever taste good in tea. I just desperately needed to share this fact with you, my oh-so-amazing bloggy friends. Recipe follows, even though I'm sure you can figure this one out for yourselves. Because let's face it, not only is this one not that hard, but all my bloggy friends are Super Geniuses. You rock. Don't let anyone tell you differently. And that goes for everyone on the blogroll too. I'm a bad commenter, but trust me. You All Rock.*

Coffee-Tea
One cup hot water
One bag tea, your favorite flavor (White tea seems to work best here. Herbal tea is good too, especially cinnamon apple, but lacks the caffeine punch.)
Instant coffee
Sugar (optional)
Milk (optional)

Place teabag and sugar, if desired, in cup. Let steep a few minutes. Add the coffee. Add milk if desired. Stir. Drink greedily. Repeat.

Alternate recipe: Start with hot coffee. Add teabag. Let steep. Add sugar and milk if desired. Stir. Drink as though your life depended on it. Repeat.





*I swear, I am under the influence of caffeine only here. No alcohol at all. Which is weird, because I'm also getting some of the same behavioral effects as when I actually am drunk. Except without the booze, so no hangover, no slurred words, and I can totally still drive. (Probably even better than before!) Wooooo, coffee-tea! Time for more.

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Wow....that is impressive. If your heart starts to race, though, make sure you lay down for at least half an hour. Otherwise, you could die, if you keep drinking caffeine. (Chris had troubles one time, between an all nighter and a very large pot or two of coffee.) Still, impressive... :)

By Blogger Karen, at March 19, 2007 12:39 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home