Pseudonymous Ramblings by Psychobunny

Monday, March 26, 2007

Today was a day of abject failure.

1. I received a rejection letter for one of the nine internships I applied for. I think this is the fifth or sixth one I've received so far.

2. I had a phone interview for one of the remaining internships, during which my phone dropped the call not once, not twice, but three times. And this was after I scheduled the interview late because the initial request e-mail somehow got routed to my junk mail folder. Yeah, I've lost another one.

3. I got reviews back for the article I wrote for an undergraduate journal based on last year's research assistantship. The reviewers didn't understand the theoretical framework we were using. I'm an undergrad, a leech on the leg of academia, and I understand it, so how difficult can it really be? Granted, "revise and resubmit" isn't necessarily a bad thing (at least it wasn't an outright rejection, right?), but on top of everything else it really set the tone for my day.

I'm off to walk across campus to the library and back across campus to the psych building. And nobody had better try to start anything, because I am in a mood to take someone down, Fight Club style. :)

Labels:

3 comment(s):

I've had days like that - I'm sorry and hope tomorrow will be better. But revise and resubmit isn't nearly as bad as an outright rejection! So congrats on that part, at least.

By Blogger post-doc, at March 26, 2007 9:33 PM  

At least the revise and resubmit means that you're generally right, they just can't comprehend your brilliance. The rest of it, well, they just don't know what they're missing out on!

By Blogger Karen, at March 27, 2007 12:28 AM  

Hey great blog you got here. Sorry you've had such a poor day. Hopefully, it will get better?

By Blogger The Little Student..., at March 27, 2007 9:55 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home