Pseudonymous Ramblings by Psychobunny

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Oh my dog, it's real now. Let the panic begin!

I am officially registered for the GRE. I'm taking it September 29. (Coincidentally, this is our homecoming day. That's one good reason to get out of town, right?)

Psych Roomie has herself freaked out of taking it and has decided only to apply to programs that don't require it. That's okay for her because all she wants is a masters in counseling or a similar field. Unfortunately, I want a PhD, so there's no easy way out for me.

But you know what? That's okay, because I fully intend to rock the GRE. I'll kick its butt so hard it won't be able to sit down for a week. I'll do so well they'll think I had an advance copy of all the possible exam questions printed on a contact lens. I'll make that test scream for its mommy. At least that's what I'm telling myself...

Labels: ,

4 comment(s):

There are programs that don't require the GRE? Really?

You'll do fine, I'm sure. Good luck! :)

By Blogger ~profgrrrrl~, at September 05, 2007 8:29 PM  

You're taking the GRE on my birthday! September 29th is a great day.

Good luck with the test.. by October the GRE horror will be over!

By Blogger Di Di, at September 05, 2007 9:33 PM  

You should be a motivational speaker!

By Blogger Karen, at September 05, 2007 9:50 PM  

Thanks for the continuing good luck wishes, everyone!

Profgrrrrl: I was actually surprised to see how many programs don't require the GRE. I had no idea that was even possible until she showed me.

Di Di: I'll make sure to go wish you a happy birthday if I'm not in a test-induced coma. :)

Karen: Sounds good to me ... after all, motivational speakers don't have to take the GRE, right? ;)

By Blogger Psychobunny, at September 06, 2007 11:20 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home