Pseudonymous Ramblings by Psychobunny

Monday, February 16, 2009

bullets: some of updatey goodness, some of crap.

  • We're married, for goodness' sake. So why does something as trivial as buying a Wii together seem like such an unreasonably huge, insurmountable step? I am so weird sometimes.
  • You know what I miss most about school? Research. And what makes me miss research so badly? The statistics. Hence, I'm thinking about looking into getting a masters in statistics now. Only problem? I have a bunch of math classes I'd have to take first, and the closest place that offers them is 50 miles away. Bleh.
  • The apartment next to us has the thermostat that controls the entire building's heat. So one day, it's really cold, right? We're waiting for good old Bob to decide he's as cold as we are. Well, he's not as cold as we are. He's colder. Why? He's dead.
  • We learn of this fact when Guy Friday hears Bob's girlfriend screaming at Bob to wake up. We went in there and the poor woman was sitting on his lap, begging him to breathe. That was a bad day. I really hope she's doing better now than she was the last time we saw her (as she finished cleaning out Bob's apartment).
  • Our new neighbor? Is a registered sex offender. Yay.
  • I found out that I got that job I wanted while driving to Bob's funeral. Which was probably the only thing that kept me from strangling the minister when he said, and I quote (not misquote), "Some people think they know where Bob's going because of his sinful ways [after mentioning that Bob and his long-term girlfriend never got married]. Let's hope Jesus can forgive like the Bible says."
  • So I gave my two weeks' notice at the bank. But had to leave after two days when I had an epic accident--I slipped on the front porch, slid about six feet to the stairs, turned backwards, fell down the stairs, slid down the driveway, and stopped rather abruptly when I hit my head on the car. My boss decided to yell at me until I started crying before he would let me leave. Even though I worked for a day and a half with a head injury, pinched nerves, displaced vertebrae, and a sprained ankle. F^*$@#.
  • But it gets better. I went home and told Guy Friday about my awful last day. He had to go to the bank to cash a check a few days later, and some random guy in the parking lot, headed to work, said hi to him. Guy Friday says hi back, then asks, "Hey, by any chance, is your name Ryan [Former Boss]?" The guy says yes. Guy Friday charged at him, yelling, "You're a [*obscenities deleted*]! You yelled at my injured wife and made her cry!" The kicker? The dude immediately laughs and says, "Oh. You're looking for Ryan [Former Boss]. I'm Ryan [Innocent Party]." Guy Friday apologized and asked him to relay the message to the correct person. Yep. It was the wrong guy. But the message got through and the old boss contacted me to apologize.
  • The new job is quite a bit harder than the old one. I care for adults with developmental disabilities, and maintaining control isn't always easy. Like when you go to wake someone up and get slapped, for example. But I really like it. There's one woman I really, really wish I could take home with me.
  • Meh, sick of typing. Guess that means I'm done.

2 comment(s):

Three cheers for Guy Friday! Very cool.
Also, so not cool what the pastor said at the funeral.
Do you know what the charge is on your neighbor? Sometimes it's not as bad as it sounds, sometimes its worse...
Glad you like your new job!

By Blogger karen, at February 19, 2009 7:40 PM  

thanks. i'm glad someone else thinks so! guy feels really, really bad about almost beating up the wrong dude. then again, guy is a sweetie who has been known to mourn moths. literally. :) it's ok, though. ryan innocent party is really nice about it since ryan former boss promoted then severely demoted him.

as for the neighbor, you know, it's just statutory rape. his gf was 15 and he was 19. but it creeps me out when he has parties and young-looking gals show up. also, did you know that patrecia-from-high school's fiance is also on the registry? indecent exposure to a minor...

By Blogger Psychobunny, at February 21, 2009 3:59 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home